Wednesday, August 25, 2010

More than Conquerors


I have been reading in Romans for the past week and a half or so and it is absolutely rocking my world. It is so crazy to think that the God of this universe would love me, but He does and that is something to rejoice in always. Just reading Romans 8:31 is enough to give us confidence in all things: “If God is for us, then who can be against us?” WOW! Why do I get so scared and intimidated by so many things in this life when God is on my side and is there for me? But the great thing about this passage in Romans 8 is that it doesn’t end there. Paul just continues to encourage us more and more.

“ Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? .... No, in all these things we are MORE THAN CONQUERORS through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
--Romans 8:35-39

That is one of the most incredible and empowering passages in Scripture. To know that there is absolutely nothing on this earth that can separate me from God’s love. Absolutely nothing! We are now more than conquerors because Christ has defeated death! That is awesome! The power that comes with that is unbelievable. It is one of the most freeing things to know when I wake up every morning, I am now more than a conqueror. There is nothing in this world, nothing that Satan can throw at me, that can separate me from His love. I have the power of God living inside of me, and that makes me more than a conqueror. I no longer need to fear what lies ahead of me because God is for me. No sin or temptation has any hold on me because of the power of God living inside me. Not to say I will never mess up, but I am more than a conqueror through Christ. That sin no longer has any power and it has already been defeated. I just have to continue to trust in the one who holds the power. The Source of all life, Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment