Thursday, October 7, 2010

Your Word

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 
--2 Timothy 3:16-17

All Scripture is God-breathed. And how often do I just not even open it up to look and see what He has for me. Everything in there is straight from the living God. His Word will equip me for every good work, for everything that could possibly come my way. His Word is all-satisfying. 

"How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your Word."--Psalm 119:9.

It is that simple. Live according to Your Word. Of course the first step for me is to open it. There are so many days where I waste my time watching TV or just doing absolutely nothing when that time could be dedicated to hearing the living God speak. And how many times do I try to substitute listening to some worship music as my time in the Word. How many times am I going to exalt the words of Chris Tomlin over the very words of God?! And when am I going to be able to recite Scripture passages as long as entire songs? I can sing a song with no problem and know every single word, but throw a passage of Scripture in front of me and I stumble over the words.

"I have hidden Your Word in my heart that I may not sin against you."--Psalm 119:11

It is time for me to be disciplined. It is time for me to stand on the Rock, the firm foundation that is Your Word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment